Stuffing a chicken for roasting
How to stuff a chicken for roasting in the oven.
Points to remember
- Stuff the neck end with a sausagemeat stuffing, fold the skin over and use cocktail sticks to secure underneath.
- Gently separate the skin from the breast meat using your fingers and push softened herby butter into the space between, covering the fillets.
- Stuff the cavity with aromatics, such as lemon halves, rosemary, thyme.
- To neaten and hold in any stuffing in the cavity, tie the legs together using string.
- Always wash hands and equipment thoroughly after handling raw chicken to avoid contaminating surfaces and food.
- Always ensure the meat is cooked all the way through the chicken.