Decorating a stacked star cake
How to decorate a Christmas cake with a stylish stacked star design.
Points to remember
- Scatter edible gold lustre over white rolled icing and rub over surface with fingertips.
- Stamp out about 20 stars and leave overnight to dry.
- Put a few stars flat on the cake then start to build a stack of balanced stars.
- Decorate the sides of cake with a ribbon.
- If your stars won't balance, use the odd cocktail stick to help. Be careful if you need to move the cake because the stars are not fixed.