Creaming butter and sugar
How to beat together butter and sugar for a light, fluffy cake.
Points to remember
- Take some softened butter and cut it into cubes.
- Push the butter into a deep bowl and add the sugar.
- Put an electric whisk on the lowest setting and break the butter up into the sugar.
- Increase the whisk's speed and mix for about 1 minute until you have a light and creamy mixture.
- If the butter breaks down during softening or creaming, place the butter, or the butter and sugar mixture, into the fridge for 5 to 15 minutes, then start creaming again.