Carving a turkey
How to carve a Christmas turkey for your guests.
Points to remember
- Remove the drumstick and thigh from the body of the bird.
- Carve into the natural joint cutting through the socket of the bone.
- Make a horizontal incision underneath the breast towards the body of the bird.
- Using a fork, carve slices of meat from the breast.
- Repeat process on the other side.
- To remove the brown meat, hold the drumstick with your fingers and carve the meat from the bone.
- Place the finished carved meat onto a serving plate.
- The drumstick and the thigh should come away easily from the body.
- The drumstick and thigh can be served on their own, or the brown meat can be carved from the bone.