Making chocolate truffles
How to make chocolate truffles for occasions and gifts.
Points to remember
- Melt chocolate according to chocolate melting instructional video.
- Let chocolate cool a little while you let cream come to room temp.
- Whisk the cream into the chocolate a little at a time until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Cover the mixture and place in the fridge for 30-45 mins to firm up.
- Take teaspoons of the mixture and roll in selected coatings - nuts, crushed biscuits or cocoa.
- If the mix gets too firm after chilling, leave out at room temp for 20 mins or until soft enough to shape.
- The shaped truffles can be frozen for up to 1 month before coating, if you wish to make them in advance. Place the truffles well-spaced apart on a lined baking sheet and freeze until solid, then place into freezer bags and seal.