Making Yorkshire puddings
How to make crisp, golden, puffed-up Yorkshire puddings.
Points to remember
- Preheat tray and fat (Such as sunflower oil or dripping) in oven to 220C/fan 200C.
- Mix flour, salt, whole eggs and egg white until you have a thick paste. Whisk milk and water in gradually to make a smooth batter. Pour into a jug.
- Remove tray and quickly pour in batter whilst it is still hot. The batter should sizzle.
- Place in the oven immediately and cook for 15-20 mins until firm, golden and risen.
- Batter can be made up to a day in advance, but doesn't actually need to be rested before using.
- Don't open the oven door during the cooking time as the puddings may collapse.