How to make perfect fluffy rice every time using a simple absorption method.
Points to remember
- Measure the dry rice in a jug.
- Wash and rinse the rice really well, until the water is clear.
- Place in a saucepan with double the amount of water and a little salt and stir once. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat all the way down and cover the pan tightly with a lid.
- Cook on the lowest heat possible for 10-15 mins without uncovering the pan.
- Use a fork to fluff up the cooked rice.
- Don't stir the rice throughout the cooking - it will make it stodgy.
- Don't cook the rice on too high a heat - it may stick and burn on the bottom before the rest of the rice is cooked.