Making perfect, crisp chips every time with our 'how to' video.
Points to remember
- Cut chips to equal width.
- Heat oil to 130C and fry the chips for 7-8 mins or until cooked through but uncoloured. Drain and leave to cool (preferably in the fridge overnight).
- Heat oil to 180C and fry the chips until golden and crispy. Drain and serve.
- Be careful when deep frying: Don't leave the pan unattended; If the pan gets too hot, take it off the heat; always have a lid or baking sheet that completely covers the pan incase of fire; don't lean over the pan; lower food carefully into pan, otherwise hot oil may splash onto you.
- Maris Piper potatoes are perfect for making chips.