Cabbage & Garbanzo Bean (Bengal Gram) Fries
Member recipe by Riyanka
Member recipe by Riyanka
Cooking timePrep: 20 minutes Cook:
- 150g Fresh Cabbage, chopped in very fine thin juliennes
- 80-100g Parmesan or Cheddar Cheese, grated (whichever is available)
- 3-4 Green Chilies, chopped round (you can add more if you like it more spicy)
- 1 big or 2 small Onions, chop them in julienne cut too
- 50g Garbanzo Bean (Bengal Gram) soaked overnight or for 4hours, freshly grind it to a thick paste with some salt
- 1t Spoon Red Chili Powder
- 1t Spoon Turmeric Powder
- 1t Spoon Cumin Powder
- 1t Spoon Chat Masala or Dried Mango Powder (if both not available squeeze half a lime juice)
- 2-3t Spoon Poppy Seed (for extra Crunch, it's optional if not available)
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cm ginger block, peeled and washed
- 2-3 green chilies
- Olive Oil
At the very beginning put the Bengal Gram paste in a non-stick pan with few drops of Vegetable oil and stir continuously for about a minute or two. This will help it absorbing the excess water or moist in the paste, making it easier to handle.
Next Put out the well dried Bengal Gram Paste in a large bowl and accordingly put all the remaining other ingredients (except the Poppy Seed) into the bowl and mix everything evenly with a Spoon. Once everything gets mix well make small patty or quennels out of the mixture and sprinkle Poppy seed upon those patty or quennels (this is totally optional)
Heat oil in a large frying pan and start dipping in one by one patty with the spoon (you can also make quennel, if you want) into the oil for deep frying. Fry them until golden yellow in color and drain out in a kitchen Tissue. Serve Hot!
Meanwhile when the fries are getting fried, for the dip, take all the ingredients in a mixer jar with some added salt in it to taste. Mix everything into a very fine smooth paste, also if needed add more olive oil into the sauce in order to give it a glaze and texture. Once the paste is ready take it out in a bowl and add half lemon juice and stir it evenly. That's it... It's all done... Serve the glazy classy Dip with the Hot Fries.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…