Points to remember
- Roll the fruit first to loosen the seeds.
- Score around the middle and tear it open into halves.
- Hold each half over a bowl, seeds facing down and tap the skin with a wooden spoon, squeezing a little to release the seeds.
- Alternatively, score 4 lines from top to bottom to quarter the pomegranate.
- Submerge the pomegranate in a bowl of water and and pull apart the quarters, releasing the seeds with your hands.
- The pith will float and the seeds will sink. Remove the pith and discard, then drain the seeds.