Points to remember
- Pour a little oil into each hole of a muffin tray and heat for at least 10 minutes until hot.
- Put your flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Crack the eggs into the well and mix to a smooth, thick paste - a whisk is best for this.
- Whisk in the milk gradually to make a smooth batter. Pour into a jug.
- Remove the tray from the oven and quickly pour in the batter while the oil is still hot. The batter should sizzle.
- Place in the oven immediately and cook for 15-20 mins until firm, golden and risen.