Points to remember
- Preheat the oven. Use a pastry brush to generously grease the dariole moulds or ramekins with melted butter, then dust with cocoa powder.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together over a pan of barely simmering water, then remove.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy. The mixture should leave a trail with the whisk.
- Combine the chocolate and egg mixture with a spoon, then fold through the flour.
- Pour the mixture into a jug and then divide it evenly between the darioles. Make sure there is enough room for the fondants to rise.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for the exact amount of time stated in the recipe. They should puff up and form a crust on top but still have a slight wobble.
- Loosen the sides with a palette knife if necessary. Pop a plate on top of each and flip over to turn out the pudding.