- 20 large king prawn, peeled but with the tails left on
- ½ x 125g pack garlic butter
- 2 tsp rose harissa
This hot, aromatic paste made from chilli and assorted other spices and herbs is spicy and…
- small pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp caper, drained and finely chopped
Capers are the small flower buds of the Capparis shrub, which grows in the Mediterranean. As…
- 1 lemon, zested then cut into wedges, and Mediterranean-style flatbreads (or gluten-free alternative), to serve
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
Butterfly the prawns, removing the black thread that runs through the body. Beat the butter until smooth, then mix in the harissa, parsley, capers, lemon zest and some ground black pepper. Can be made 2 weeks in advance, then chilled.
Open out each prawn and smear 1 tsp of the butter into the middle. Can be made 1 day ahead and chilled.
When ready to eat, heat the grill to as high as it will go. Put the prawns on a baking tray and grill for 5 mins until they are pink through. Toast the flatbreads, then serve with the hot prawns and lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Make your own garlic butterTo make your own garlic butter, soften 4 tbsp butter and add 1-2 crushed garlic cloves. It will keep well in the fridge for a few weeks.