Member recipe by mitrajam
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 package (10 oz-300g) frozen thawed spinach, squeezed dry
- 2 package frozen pastry ( each 397g-14 oz)
- 10 ounces Black Forest ham, sliced
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 eggs beaten
- Glaze: 1 egg, beaten
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onions and garlic for about 5 minutes add spinach cook until
- liquid has evaporated. Roll each piece of pastry to 1/8 inch; with one piece line 10-inch spring-form pan
- leaving excess draped over rim. Spread half of the ham slices in bottom of pan, sprinkle half the cheese, top
- with spinach mixture and pour over half the eggs; repeat layers. Cover with remaining pastry pinch the edges together
- cut steam vents in top. Glaze with egg place pan on rimmed baking tray in centre of oven.
- 400 F(200 C) oven for 15 minutes, REDUCE heat bake at 350 F (180 C) for 45-60 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven let cool for 15 minutes cut into 10 wedges and serve hot or cold this is delicious!