Chocolate Breakfast Cereal
Member recipe by tan_tan
- 1 1/2 cups jumbo oats
- 1/2 cup rice krispies
- 1/2 cup wheatgerm
- 3tbsp dark brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp flavourless oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup sultana bran flakes
- Heat oven to gas 1. Mix oats,wheat germ, rice krispies, brown sugar and salt in bowl
- Bring honey, oil, water, caster sugar, vanilla and cocoa powder to a simmer in a saucepan over a low heat
- Drizzle over oat mixture and stir well. Pour into lined baking tray.
- Squeeze cereal a handful at a time to form small clumps. Bake for 45 minutes on middle shelf. Stir in branflakes, return to oven for 10 minutes more.
- Allow to cool. Serve with hot or cold milk.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…