Red cabbage & turkey coleslaw
Member recipe by phillipa1
Turn any left over turkey into this fabulous colourful salad, perfect after all the rich festive food and ideal for Boxing Day entertaining.
- 1 medium red cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g cranberries
- 6 tbsps bottlegreen spiced berry cordial
- 2t bsps red wine vinegar
- 1 Cox's apple
- 40g halved walnuts
- 100- 150g cooked left-over turkey
- Trim the stalk end of the cabbage, carefully pull away 4 whole leaves, reserve. Finely slice the remaining cabbage, place in a large mixing bowl.
- Peel, halve and finely slice the red onion, heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the onion and soften, add the cranberries, cordial and vinegar, continue to cook over a gentle heat for approximately 10 minutes until softened and syrupy, cool.
- Quarter, core and dice the apple. Stir the cranberry dressing and apple into the red cabbage until coated. Toss in the walnuts and turkey. Serve spooned into the red cabbage leaves, serve with cold meats or as a delicious baked potato topping
- Cook's Tip: The Cranberry dressing makes a delicious relish to serve with sausages.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…