Blueberry Chicken Casserole
Member recipe by healthyscotty
Healthy, simple and tasty. A one-pot boost of protein and anti-oxidants.
- 150g (usually 1 whole box) of blueberries (fresh, not frozen).
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 skinless chicken thighs.
- 1 onion.
- A handful of fresh parsley leaves.
- 2 tsp sugar.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/160c fan/gas mark 4.
- Chop the onion into slices but do not dice it. The slow cooking will take care of it. Spread the sliced onion in the bottom of a casserole dish and add the parsley.
- Chop all the fat off the chicken parts. What looked like a large amount of chicken in the recipe does not look so large after it has been stripped of the bad stuff.
- Dry fry the chicken parts on both sides for approx 30 seconds until it goes white. Yes dry fry, do not use any oil.
- Remove from the frying pan, chop the chicken up into smaller parts then spread in the casserole dish.
- Put all of the blueberries into a blender with a third of a glass of water. Blend it then pour it over the casserole, stir in the sugar and then bake for 2 hours with a lid on.
- When you pull it out after 2 hours it may look burnt but it is just the colour that this unusual dish gives upon finish. Stir it a bit and it will go to a lighter blue.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…