Saucy sausage patties
Member recipe by vstothard
- 1lb sausages
- 4 spring onions
- 2tbsp flour, plus 2 tsp
- 1tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1lb 9oz potatoes cut into chunks
- 1 3/4oz butter
- 2tbsp veg oil
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1/2 pt chicken stock
- 6tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp english mustard
- salt and pepper
- Skin sausages, place in a bowl with the spring onion and stir well. Divide the mixture into 8 and shape into round patties. On a plate, mix together 2tbsp flour with the herbs. Dip the patties in to coat each side.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10 - 15 mins until tender. Meanwhile heat 3/4 oz of the butter and half the oil in a frying pan, then fry the onion for 10 mins until golden brown. Stir in the cranberry sauce and cook until it's dissolved. Stir in the remaining flour and cook until it turns golden. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the stock. Return to the heat and cook until the gravy has thickened slightly. Season to taste.
- Drain and mash the potatoes with the milk and butter and add the mustard, if liked. Keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, then cook the patties until golden on each side. Reheat the gravy.
- Place some mash in the centre of each plate, top with two of the patties and spoon over the gravy. Serve with mixed vegetables.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…