Caramelized Pecan Prune Tart
Member recipe by mitrajam
- 1 pack ready-rolled short crust pastry, thawed if frozen
- 100g/ 4 oz pecan nuts
- 175 ml/6 fl oz double cream
- 175g/6 oz sugar
- 1 tablespoon walnut or pecan oil
- 175g/6 oz pitted and coarsely chopped prunes
- 60g/ 3 1/2 oz good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces melted (optional)
- Pre-heat oven 190C, 375F, Gas 5. Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface to a circle 5 cm/2 in
- Place in a fluted flan tin. press in firmly, prick pastry with fork and then bake blind 10 minutes, and remove from oven.
- Let cool . Mix together the cream, sugar and walnut oil in a pan over a medium heat and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat. Arrange pecan and prunes in pastry case pour cream mixture on top .
- Increase oven temperature to 200C, 400F, Gas 6 bake in oven 30-40 minutes until top is creamy white and caramelized. Remove from oven let cool
- Using a fork in a back and forth motion drizzle threads of melted chocolate on to top, and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…