my old mans surperb chicken
Member recipe by sgt_atkins
- 170g mushrooms any combination
- olive oil
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic peeled and finley chopped
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 handful of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4x200g skinless chicken breasts
- plain flour for dusting
- 1x500g puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 heaped table spoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 large glass of white wine
- 140ml double cream
- Preheat oven to 200C / 400F gas 6. Chop the mushrooms half rough half fine. To a hot pan, add a couple of lugs of olive oil and slowly fry the mushrooms and garlic for 10 minutes then add the parsley and season to taste allow to cool.
- Pull back the chicken fillet on the breasts and keep intact, score into the breast and stuff the chicken with the cooled mushrooms.
- Using a little dusting of flour and a rolling pin, roll the pastry out to around 45cm in lenght and 20cm wide and 0.5cm thick. slice into 4 pieces lenghtways and wrap around each one. Brush the pastry with a little egg and cook in the preheated oven for about 35 mins.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the mustard and wine into a hot pan and allow to reduce the alcohol smell. add the cream and simmer untill the sauce coats a back of a spoon, then remove the heat and season to taste.
- when the chicken breasts have cooked, remove from The oven, slice into to 3 and serve with a bit of sauce and a drizzle of olive oil if you like. GORGEOUS!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…