Baby Beef Wellingtons1
Member recipe by xoxoracheloxox13
- 1 packet of ready made puff pastry
- 2 100g fillet steaks
- 150g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 70ml white wine
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sear steaks on both sides, then sit aside to cool
- Roughly chop mushrooms (I pulsed them in a blender. Heat oil & butter and fry mushrooms and thyme for around 10 min until soft. Season with salt & pepper. Pour in wine and cook for a further 10 min until wine has been absorbed. Allow to cool. If you don't want to make the duxelle you can either use fois gras of musroom pate (Couldron do a nice one)
- Roll out dough, then cut into 2 lengths. Put 1 tbsp of the mushroom mix (duxelle) into the 2nd quarter of the pastry length. Place steak on top then put another tbsp of duxelle on top. Fold pastry over and use a fork to seal the edges. Repeat with the other steak. Place in the fridge for 30 min
- Preheat oven to 200oc. Brush pastry with a beaten egg then bake for 20-25 min until golden.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…