Blue Cheese Pumpkin Polenta
Member recipe by ranya1970
Presumed you have roasted pumpkin, this is a real quicky for midweek dinner. And do not forget about cheerful orange color - it will cheer you up on Monday evening.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 2,5 cups roasted pureed pumpkin
- 30-50 g blue cheese (Gorgonzola is best)
- Salt, pepper
- Puree the roasted pumpkin in the blender. Mix polenta and salt.
- Pour milk and water into the skillet and bring to the boil. While stirring the water constantly with a wooden spoon, tip in the polenta in a thin stream. Lower the heat so the polenta isn't spluttering too much, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 mins. Add the pureed pumpkin, season and mix well. Cook for 10-15 mins.
- Chop the blue cheese and add to the polenta. Mix. Serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…