Member recipe by swissseasider
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Muffins
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g Butter or Margarine
- 200g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 eggs
- Zest of two oranges
- Juice from oranges
- 200g mixed fruit peel
- Icing sugar
- Cream butter and sugar and gradually add the beaten egg mixture
- Add the orange zest and mixed fruit peel
- Add the baking powder to the flour and sift into the other ingredients and fold in.
- Add sufficient orange juice to get the mixture to a dropping consistency.
- Divide mixture between 18 muffin cases and bake at 200C for 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- To decorate, make icing by mixing remaining orange juice with sufficient icing sugar and spread onto muffins.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…