sweet potatoe rosti
Member recipe by xjoeix
Sweet potato combines with tangy goat cheese to make a delicious starter or side dish. It's great served with a salad.
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 175g goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / Gas mark 7. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Grate the sweet potatoes; place in a clean cloth and squeeze out the excess liquid; transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat; cook the onion and garlic in the hot oil until soft; transfer to the bowl with the drained sweet potato; add about 2/3 of the goat cheese and mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 even portions and shape into balls with your hands and then flatten them to about 1cm (1/2 in) thickness. Arrange the patties onto the baking tray.
- Roast in the preheated oven until golden brown; about 25 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining goat cheese over the patties and return to oven to melt the cheese, about 5 minutes more.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…