Angelic Lemon Curd Cakes!
Member recipe by katedunham
- 6oz Self Raising Flour
- A pinch of salt
- 4 oz Soft Margarine
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 desert spoon lemon juice
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- For the filling,
- 1 quantity of lemon curd
- Pre-heat the oven to gas Mark 5, 375 degrees F , 190 degrees C
- Take a muffin tin and fill with muffin cases
- Combine all the ingredients excluding the lemon curd in a large mixing bowl
- Place all the mix into muffin cases fill quite full but not all the way as they will rise
- Cook them for 15-20 minutes keeping an eye on them then take them out and leave them to cool for 5 mins
- After they have cooled take a sharp knife and cut a crater in the top of the muffin.
- Cut the bit that you took off and cut it into two halves
- Then fill the hole with lemon curd
- Now stick the two "Butterfly wings" into the top
- Finally leave them to set for 5-10 minutes then Enjoy!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…