Bread And Butter Pudding
Member recipe by suzukis_angel
- Slices of Bread & Butter
- 100g of Currants or Sultanas
- 50g of Sugar
- 900ml of Milk
- 3 Eggs
- Grated Nutmeg
- Pre-heat the oven to gas 2, 150 centigrade
- Line a deep pie dish or casserole with the thickly buttered slices of bread. Sprinkle over some of the currants or sultanas and add a further layer of buttered bread. Alternate the layers finishing with bread and the few remaining fruit on top.
- Bring the milk to the boil. Beat the eggs well in a large bowl with the sugar and grated nutmeg. Pour the hot milk over the egg mixture and mix together well.
- Transfer the milk and egg mixture to a jug and pour over the dish of bread and butter.
- Sprinkle the surface with a little more sugar and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…