Member recipe by emh123
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Cakes
These buns are a firm family favourite,yummy jammy buns, a mixture between a donut and a jam tart, perfect!
- 340g Self Raising Flour
- 85g Margarine
- 120g Caster Sugar
- Raspberry Jam (or Jam/chocolate spread of your choice)
- 6 tbs Milk
- pre-heat oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5
- seive flour, Rub in margarine until it resembles breadcrumbs, add sugar
- add the milk to the mixture, little by little until it is a soft but not too wet dough.
- place the dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly until completely smooth
- Roll out dough to about 0.75 cms thick, cut into round ( 12cms in diameter, a glass can be used for this) place a teaspoon of jam on to each one.
- Damp edges of dough and fold them inwards to cover the jam. Put buns onto a greased tray, joined side down, they do spread to twice the size so leave plenty of room between each one,
- Bake in a fairly hot oven for 15 - 20 mins
- cool on wire rack