Butternut Squash Risotto
Member recipe by mitrajam
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 Liter Low-salt vegetable stock-hot
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 corn on the cob, corn cut from cob
- 2 garlic clove ,chopped
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper season to taste
- 1/4 roasted pine nuts
- Pre-heat oven 375 degrees, season squash with salt an pepper and roast in oven for 45 minutes. Place pine nuts last 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in heavy pot, add onion and garlic cook 2 minutes, then add celery, sweet-corn season with pepper and fresh thyme. Gently fry for a few minutes tip in rice.
- Gradually pour in wine, and then star adding hot stock. This process will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup at a time, and adjust the heat so it simmers, once the stock has been absorbed repeat process until you use all the stock and have a creamy risotto
- Add parmesan cheese, reserve some for garnish continue to stir. Remove squash from oven and mix gently into the rice. Garnish with reserved parmesan and pine nuts.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…