Soba noodle salad
Member recipe by gangajay
A healthy lunchtime salad that provides a good serving of vegetables.
- 90g dried soba noodles
- 100g broccoli florets
- 50g frozen green soya beans
- 1/3 red pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1/3 yellow pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 Japanese cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- For the dressing
- 2 tsp miso
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 red chili, chopped (optional)
- Boil the soba noodles for 5 minutes or according to packet directions. 3 minutes before the end of cooking time, add the broccoli florets and the soya beans. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process and chill the noodles. Drain thoroughly and tip into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the noodles, broccoli and beans. Toss well and leave to marinate for half an hour.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the sesame seeds) and toss well.
- Divide into serving bowls and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.