Oatmeal Rhubarb Crumble
Member recipe by philipallan
A tasty alternative 'crumble' dish - equally good with apples, gooseberries, plums or pears.
- Ingredients for filling:
- 450g rhubarb or other fruit
- 60g heather honey
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of water
- A squeeze of lemon
- Ingredients for the Crumble:
- 60g plain flour
- 25g coarse oatmeal (the fresher the better)
- 60g brown sugar
- 60g butter or margarine
- Cook the fruit with the honey, water and lemon juice until it is soft but not mushy. Place in a deep pie dish.
- Sift the flour, then mix together the ingredients for the crumble in the order given above. Warm the butter or margarine until it is soft (but not oily) before adding in. Once the crumble has been well mixed, sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 400F/200C/gas mark 6 for 20 minutes in the hottest part of the oven or until the crumble is brown and crunchy.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…