Creamy Parsnip and Apple Soup
Member recipe by annikap
- 25g butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 450g parsnip, chopped
- 250g dessert apples (Bramley?), peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1.2l vegetable stock
- 70ml single cream
- Melt the butter in a large pan, then add the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add apples and parsnips for a further 3-4 minutes. Add coriander and stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour in stock, season well and bring to the boil. Reduce heat , cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, wait for it to cool then blend it in the food processor until almost smooth (so as to keep a little texture)
- Return soup to the pan, stir in the cream and reheat gently, but don't boil.
- Serve straight away with a crusty loaf
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…