Pork Potato Soup
Member recipe by faditohme
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 2 small chopped onions
- 1000 g of peeled quartered potatoes
- 400 g of thinly shredded cabbage
- 1L of vegetable stock
- 300g of pork steak
- Slice the onions. Cut the pork steak in cubes of 1cm. Peel the potatoes, wash and cut them in quarters.
- Add the oil to the pan (preferably a glass pan ) over medium heat and fry the onions. When the onions start to become tender add the pork cubes . Stir from time to time until they loose their pink color.
- Add the potatoes and fry for few minutes. Add the vegetable stock and top it with hot water until you cover the potatoes.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for 15 min or until the potatoes are tender.
- Blend with a hand mixer. Add the cabbage and simmer for 5 min.
- Turn off the heat and leave it standing on the stove until the cabbage is tender. Reheat before serving.Garnish as desired.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…