Member recipe by verityc
- Carbonara Sause
- 25g plain flour
- 25g margarine
- 250ml milk
- 50g grated chedder cheese
- 150g spaghetti
- 20g broccoli
- 20g sweetcorn
- 20g peas
- 50g bacon
- 60g breadcrumbs (about 2 slices)
- 1 packet of BBQ favoured crisps, crushed. (optional)
- Preheat the main oven to 200C/gas 6 and preheat the grill
- Add your plain flour, margarine and milk in a saucepan and stir well with a hand wisk.
- Gradually raise the heat until the sauce boils and thickens.
- When the sauce is thick, remove from heat and pour into a large bowl, then add cheese and stir well.
- Half fill a saucepan with water and add your spaghetti.
- Boil the spaghetti until it starts to go soft and then add the broccoli, sweetcorn and peas.
- While the spaghetti is boiling, grill the bacon for 10 minutes until crispy, then cut into small peices and add to the white sauce.
- When the spaghetti is soft, drain in collander and add to white sauce. Mix well.
- Put your mixture of spaghetti and the white sauce in a deep oven tray and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and crushed crisps.
- Put it in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the breadcrumbs turn golden brown. Remove from oven and serve hot.