Homemade Fried Bread
Member recipe by stelladias77
- * 5 slices Bread
- * 1 Tablespoon Gram Flour
- * 150 grams Plain Flour
- * ¼ teaspoons Baking Powder
- * ¼ teaspoons Pepper
- * 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- * ½ teaspoons Salt To Taste
- * 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- * 2 Tablespoons Green Chili, Thinly Sliced
- * 1 Tablespoon Curry Leaves
- * 500 milliliters Fresh Oil
- * ¼ cups Water
- * Tomato Chutney, To Spread On The Bread
- Remove the crust from the slices of bread. Cut bread slices into desired shapes, such as triangle, square and rectangle.
- Mix remaining ingredients (except water and tomato chutney) together. Then add the water slowly to make a smooth batter (like pancake batter).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Take 2 triangular pieces of the bread and spread tomato chutney. Dip the bread slices in the batter one at a time and slowly drop into the frying pan under medium high heat. Fry the bread until both sides are golden brown.
- Tastes best when served hot.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…