Easy Chocolate Ice cream
Member recipe by mydnightshadow
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Litres
A quick and easy ice cream with no cooking (just melting chocolate) that is deliciously chocolatey and creamy.
- 2 x 397g can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 150ml Single Cream
- 250ml Creme Fraiche
- 300ml Extra Thick Double Cream
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 x 150g bar 70% cocoa dark chocolate (I use Green and Blacks)
- Break the bar of chocolate into chunks and melt with the single cream in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water (bowl not touching the water).
- Beat in the rest of the ingredients and allow to cool.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions. (If you do not have an ice cream maker then transfer to a freezer proof container and freeze until slushy. Beat well and then freeze until firm).
- The ice cream can be served direct from the ice cream maker for a soft ice cream or frozen over night for a firmer ice cream
- If frozen over night leave at room temperature for 5 mins before serving in scoops.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…