Chicken in white sauce
Member recipe by clairedoodledooley
- 200g cooked chicken
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 20g (1 tblsp) Margarine
- 15g (1 tblsp) Plain flour
- 1/2 Mustard powder
- 300g rice
- 60g mushrooms
- 30g peas
- 30g sweetcorn
- Cook the rice for 10-15 mintutes in boiling water.
- After the rice in cooked drain the rice with a colander and leave the rice to one side.
- Get a saucepan and place the margarine, mustard powder, flour, milk and seasoning, stir with a balloon whisk.
- Keep stirring until the sauce thickens, when the sauce is thick you can add the cooked chicken, mushrooms, peas and sweetcorn.
- Continue stirring for a few mintutes then remove from heat and place on top of rice.
- You may want to add salad, herbs, or extra seasoning ontop.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…