Lou's Pea and ham soup
Member recipe by louiseburke53
A great soup to warm you up and fill your belly on cold winter days!
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 4 rashers/125g bacon chopped
- 2 large or 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 600ml/1pt vegetable or chicken stock
- 300ml/1/2pt milk
- 500g peas, frozen or fresh
- 4 slices/125g cooked ham cut into small pieces
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry the onions, garlic and bacon over a low heat for about 10 mins until the onions are soft and the bacon is browned.
- Add the potatoes and stock to the pan, bring to the boil, turn down heat and simmer for about 10 mins until potatoes are cooked.
- Pour in milk and tip peas into pan, simmer for a further few mins until peas are done. remove from heat.
- Add chopped ham to the pan, then blend until smooth. season with salt, pepper and a little sugar if needed.
- Serve with big wedges of homemade crusty bread.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…