Chocolate Creme Brulee
Member recipe by julieravey
Not my recipe, but a UKTV offering published in the BBC Good Food Magazine, September 2007 (credit where credit is due). I couldn't find it here, and it is seriously wicked!!!
- 425ml double cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 80g golden caster sugar
- 50g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 150C/ gas mark 2.
- Bring the cream up to the boil over a low heat. Turn off and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the chocolate to the cream and stir with a balloon whisk until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks and half of the sugar. Whisk in the cream and chocolate mixture. Pour into four ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a roasting tin and half fill with hot water. Place a piece of foil loosely over the tin.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes until firm around the edges but still slightly wobbly in the middle.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of the remaining sugar over each ramekin so that it thinly covers the surface of the brulees.
- Use a blowtorch or hot grill to caramelise the sugar. Serve.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…