Vanilla Vodka Christmas Cake
Member recipe by meme55
A delicious Christmas cake that needs no maturing but never-the-less keeps wonderfully.
- 250g (9oz) each plump raisins and sultanas
- 100g (31/2oz) dried cranberries or blueberries
- 200g (7oz) natural glace cherries, halved
- 200ml (7fl oz) vanilla vodka ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ You can buy this or stick a vanilla pod in the vodka overnight
- 150g (5oz) flaked almonds
- 200g (7oz) unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 200g (7oz) unrefined dark muscovado sugar
- 4 medium organic eggs, beaten
- 100g (31/2oz) plain flour
- Put dried fruit and cherries in a bowl and add the vodka. Soak for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.
- Grease and line an 8" cake tin.
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Gradually add beaten eggs. Add flour and nuts.
- Tip in fruit with any remaining liquid and stir well.
- Pour mix into cake tin
- Bake for 3 and 1/2 hours or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Marzipan and ice once cooled or keep and feed regularly with more vanilla vodka.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…