Member recipe by ssumitra
Savory scrambled egg the indian way.. This can be used to eat with naan, or as a filling for pita or can be used to make a wrap with tortilla.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large onion
- 2 green chillies
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric pwder
- 1/2 tsp of chopped garlic (optional)
- salt (as required)
- 11/2 tsp of oil (any oil will do)
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Chop onions, tomatoes and the green chillies
- Beat the eggs
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the cumin seeds. After 10 seconds, add the chopped onion, chillies and garlic. Fry until light brown. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and chilli powder. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and mix well.(check for seasoning) Now add the beaten eggs and give it a good shake with the spatula until the eggs begin to scramble. Fry this for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Serve this with garnished coriander.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…