A Maltese Pudding
Member recipe by gabdilla
An easy recipe in which the basic ingredients are dried fruits and bread.
- 800g bread (Preferably maltese bread)
- 200g flour
- 350g sugar
- 100g drinking chocolate
- 50g cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon almond essence
- 1 shot anisette
- 100g coconut flakes
- 1 shot martini
- Peel of 1 mandarine
- Peel of 1/2 orange
- 50g butter
- 200g sultanas
- 100g chopped glazed cherries
- Some extra butter for greasing, and some extra coconut flakes
- Soak all the bread in water and leave for 1 hour, afterwhich the water is drained by squeezing the bread into a sieve.
- Heat up the oven at 160C.
- Grease a 30cm X 15cm dish with butter.
- Mix all the ingredients together, cover with the extra coconut flakes and put in oven. Leave for 40 minutes. Enjoy the smell of the pudding being cooked!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…