Chicken with Apricots
Member recipe by amp1043
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, sliced
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 250 ml Vegatable Stock
- 60 ml Fresh Orange Juice
- 200 ml Dry White Wine
- 100 g Organic Dried Apricots cut into quarters
- 50 g Walnuts (chopped)
- pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper, freshly grated nutmeg
- Chop the chicken breasts into small chunks, fry until cooked then set aside.
- Fry the onion for a few minutes, then add the sliced pepper for about 1 minute. Then add the orange rind and plain flour
- In a small jug, mix the orange juice and stock. GRADUALLY stir in the juice/stock mixture to the onion mixture.
- Add the apricots, chicken, walnuts and white wine. Then add salt, pepper and the grated nutmeg.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Can be served immediately or, preferebly, leave to cook and reheat later. If reheating, tranfer to a caserole and heat at 160C for 30-40 minutes. You can serve from the caserole at the table
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…