Cuban Blackbean Salad
Member recipe by yoonsy
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup or 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup or 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 a celery stick, diced
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 tbp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbp chopped coriander
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mix together beans, all the peppers, celery, red onion , coriander and parsley in a large bowl
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic & cumin and toss into bean mixture.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Place in refridgerator for approx 15 mins before serving so the tastes settles into the vegetables.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…