Vegetarian Roast Dinner
Member recipe by mocha17000
- Nut roast
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1 Large leek, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 175g mushrooms, Sliced
- 3tbsp Olive oil
- 1tbsp Thyme
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 250g tofu, in tiny cubes
- 70g Bread crumbs
- 150g mixed nuts
- 1tsp dried coriander
- 1tsp dried parsley
- Generous glug soya sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1tbsp Oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2tbsp Cornflour
- 2tsp Marmite
- 350ml Boiling water
- Herbs, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Splash of red wine
- Roast Potatoes
- 3.5kg Large Potatoes, cut into quarters, peeled.
- Enough water to cover them
- Enough Sunflower oil to lightly coat the bottom of a large baking tray.
- 4 Beetroots
- Enough water to cover
- 500g Baby carrots
- Enough water for steaming
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in large saucepan and add onion, leek, celery and garlic.In a smaller saucepan heat 1tbsp oil and cook mushrooms, until soft, when soft add thyme and put the mushroom mixture into the other pan. Cook until onion, leek, celery and garlic are soft.
- Add all parsley, all coriander, and the tofu and stir for 3 minutes. Meanwhile whizz the nuts in a food processor, until coarse. Add nuts, breadcrumbs, soya sauce and lemon juice, mix in, then add salt and pepper to taste. Heat oven to 200C
- Put mixture in loaf tin, and put on baking tray, or alternitavely, keep in tin. If using Baking tray heat it up first and put 1tbsp on it. Flip on mixture and spoon the oil over the top, then put in oven and cook until it is a lovely dark brown colour.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan, over a low heat and cook the onions until soft and slightly sticky. Then add cornflour , stirring constantly, for a few minutes, then add marmite and boiling water. cook over low heat until it is the consistency you like it. Add herbs, salt and pepper and red wine to taste.
- In a large saucepan boil the potatoes in the water until fluffy.Heat oven up to 220C. Pour the oil onto the baking tray and heat up in the oven. Then put the potatoes onto the baking tray. Spoon oil over the potatoes and put back into the oven and cook for 10 mins, turn them the cook them for another 10 mins.
- In a small sauce pan boil the beetroots in the water for about 20-25 mins. In a Large saucepan boil a small amount of water and put a steamer over the pan with the carrots in, cook until they are how you like them. Brought altogether, fantastique!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…