- 4 medium baking potatoes, unpeeled, each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 tsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow pepper
Sometimes called bell peppers or capsicums, these sweet, mild peppers come in variety of colours…
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 2 x 410g/14oz cans mixed pulses in water, rinsed and drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 tbsp reduced-fat soured cream
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Toss the potato wedges in 2 tsp oil and spread out in a single layer on a large baking tray. Cook for 30-35 mins, turning halfway, until tender and golden brown.
Meanwhile, for the chilli, put the remaining oil into a casserole dish and fry the onion and pepper for 5 mins. Add Cajun spice, pulses, tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 15-20 mins. Remove casserole from the heat and stir in the chocolate until melted. Ladle the chilli into bowls, top each with 1 tbsp soured cream and serve with the wedges.