Spinach & Cheese Mushrooms
Member recipe by deb_ellacott
ServingsServes 1 - 4
- 4 large flat field mushrooms / portabello mushrooms
- 4 tsp pesto
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp gran padano, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp blanched, chopped spinach - squeezed of excess water
- salt & pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200c/180C/gas 6. Wipe mushrooms clean, remove stalks & reserve. Place mushrooms on an oiled baking sheet.
- Chop mushroom stalks and place in a bowl along with creme fraiche, cheese, spinach & seasoning to taste
- Place a teaspoon of pesto in the centre of each mushroom and then divide the creme fraiche mixture between the mushrooms.
- Put a sprinkling of cheese on each mushroom & season with freshly ground black pepper
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 mins, until mushrooms are soft & cheese has turned golden.
- Serve as an accompaniment, or a starter on bed of rocket/watercress.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…