Pete's fridge Fritters
Member recipe by petexy
great midweek meal quick , adapts to what's in the fridge, and the kids love it with a bit of ketchup!
- 1 cup self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 20g (3/4 oz) butter, melted [about1 1/2 tablespoons]
- 1/3 cup (2 1/2 fl oz) milk
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 75 g (2 2/3 oz) ham,1 or 2 slices will do, torn
- 1 zucchini (courgette), cut into long, thin strips or small cubes
- Two small potatoes diced small
- 2 or three mushrooms
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- Place the flour eggs, butter, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- fry the potatoes for a few minuits to sofen thzm a bit Fold through the ricotta, basil, ham and zucchini, spuds,sliced mushrooms. Place two tablespoon of the oil in a small frying pan and heat over medium heat
- Add half of the mixture to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until bubbles appear on the surface. Set aside.
- Add another two tablespoons of the oil and repeat with the remaining batter. Cut into wedges to serve. Serves [at least] 2.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…