Indian Butternut Squash Soup
Member recipe by caralinec
Easy, tasty soup that is as happy as a family dish as it is smartened up for entertaining!
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled but left whole
- 2 stock cubes, chicken or vegetable
- 1 litre boiling water
- 1 tsp Patak's Korma Paste (more if wished)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 142ml single cream
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7
- Peel the squash, remove the seeds and cut into 2cm cubes. Place squash, onions and garlic into a roasting tin and roast in the oven for 45mins. Don't worry if the pieces blacken a little, it will add to the flavour.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the vegetables to a latge pan. Make up the stock and pour over the vegetables. Bring to the boil over a medium heat and then simmer (no lid) for 10 minutes. Add the salt and pepper along with the curry paste and simmer for 5mins more.
- Puree in batches. NB The soup can be frozen at this stage.
- To serve - add the single cream and heat gently without boiling. Can add plain croutons or serve with mini poppadoms and naans.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…