Member recipe by johnfrw
- 4 medium potatoes - 700gr
- 1 large onion or 2 smaller - 175gr
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 oz (125gr) Gruyere, sliced (10 slices app. 2.5x7.5x0.3cm)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock - 60ml
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan - 33gr
- Thinly slice the onions and garlic.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute until tender and just starting to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice the potatoes very thinly or use a mandolin.
- In a glass baking dish just large enough to hold ingredients (I use an 8" X 11" (20 X 27.5cm) oval baking dish) lay 1/3rd of the potatoes, spread half of the sauteed onions over the potatoes and lay half of the cheese on the onions. Repeat once. Top with remaining 1/3 of the potatoes. Sprinkle the nutmeg over the top. Pour the stock over all, sprinkle with Parmesan. cover with foil and bake at 425F (215C) for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 400F (200C) and continue baking another 30 minutes. Remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Remove from oven, let rest 5 minutes, then serve.
- Cover with foil and bake at 425F (215C) for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 400F (200C) and continue baking another 30 minutes. Remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Remove from oven, let rest 5 minutes, then serve.
- original recipe at easygourmetdinners
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…