Rose Hip Posset
Member recipe by frenchdiningschool
This is a unique rose hip dessert made up of fresh rose hips, sugar and cream. It can be decorated on top with a rose hip flower. Great dish for September/October. Tastes absolutely tangy and mouth watering delicious.
- 2 kg fresh rose hips (cleaned with seeds removed)
- 200 g sugar
- 500 ml fresh cream
- 1 rose hip flower (optional)
- 100 ml of water
- Place the deseeded clean rosehips in a pan and boil gently in water for 30 minutes to reduce to syrup mix.
- In another pan, place the cream and sugar together and slowly bring to the boil mixing constantly.
- Add the rose hip syrup to the cream and sugar and boil again for 2 minutes stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the rose hip posset into 6 serving bowls and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Place the bowls in the refrigerator to set for at least 5 hours before serving. Decorate with wild rose hip petal if desired.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…